.

Time until sign-ups begin:

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Champions Vs Shadows #2 Round 2 Reviews: Jailhouse Payback

Governing Dynamics - Dark Energy.     I think this song is really cool.  I love the samples.   I am not a video game person, and I don't understand any of the references.  But the music is great.  I love the piano bits, the electronic bits.  I also love the harmonies, although I'd like to hear the harmony vocal turned up a little bit.  You did a great job of incorporating the samples into the song and really making the song about that.  I feel like you really accomplished the challenge better than anyone else this round.  Very unique, I really enjoyed it more than any of the songs in the previous round.   Total 9 points out of 10.

Heather Zink - Ms. Pac Man.   This is so quiet,  I've got the volume all the way up and I can't hear it that well. You did a nice job,  I like the melody.   The arrangement is pretty sparse, I would have liked to hear more instruments in the mix.   This is totally cheesy, but it has charm.  Sampling feels a little tacked on.  Total 7 out of 10.

Ben Taggart - Ballad Of The Mushroom Kingdom.   Great lyrics, but man, it's a little long.  I would have liked to hear more variation throughout the song, it's fairly repetitive.  The sampling feels a little tacked on.  Total 6.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment