.

Time until sign-ups begin:

Saturday, March 15, 2014

SpinTunes #8 Round 3 Reviews: Daniel Calwell

Adam Sakellarides - Why The Sky Is Blue
The chorus of this song has been stuck in my head for like three days now, thanks a lot. This song was super catchy. I probably would have done better in school if every piece of information was presented to me in this fashion. Good work.

Dr. Lindyke - A Historical Account Of The Life And Accomplishments Of Abraham Lincoln Of Which Every Word Is True I Swear
I was actually just in an opera about Abraham Lincoln (which seems very silly to me when I type it out like this), so this was super appealing to me just from the title. I was not disappointed with the content of the song. I loved it. It was so soulful and serious, but made me laugh hysterically at the same time.

Edric Haleen - A Brave New World
This is a terrifying song because it could almost be reality. I got a very strong “The Book of Mormon” vibe, which is awesome. The melody is so simple, it kind of floats on the air. Well done.

Felix Frost - Cloudy
Your voice was great on this track. I actually loved just about everything about this song. Sorry I don’t have very much to say about it.

Governing Dynamics (feat. @suspiciousden) - Because
I don’t see how this is misleading - it was aliens. Just kidding (or am I?). This song kicked ass. I feel like it was the perfect length too. Very nice work.

Jailhouse Payback - Maritime Archaeology
I wasn’t a fan of this one at first, but it grew on me. I feel like it was a little repetitive at times, but you sound great and the lyrics are very cool.

Jenny Katz - Liars Cheats And Weasels
I can’t get over how amazing this was. I laughed for about 5 minutes after hearing it for the first time, and then immediately listened to it again. You sounded extraordinary on this track. The piano was so simple but so beautiful. Amazing work.

Jutze - Banjo (Rejected Wikipedia Edit)
I love the concept of this song, and how it’s set up. The speaking of the information as opposed to singing made it 10x better. Nice job.

Ross Durand - How To Write A Hit Song
I can’t say I was a fan of this song. For one, I don’t feel like it met the theme of the challenge. It wasn’t necessarily misleading nor particularly academic. I understand what your intentions were, I just don’t think they read as well as you hoped.

Ryan M. Brewer - Jesus Christ's Biographer Gives A Guest Lecture
Once again, I must tell you that you have an incredible voice. It’s extremely passionate and versatile. This song was nice, because it was the most sincere in its misleading-ness. Good job.

Zoe Gray - The Truth About Homeschooling
I know quite a few homeschoolers, and this song made me laugh because most of them are actually super socially awkward. However, I know a few who aren’t. Anyway, I really enjoyed this song. I just love the dynamic between your voice and the piano. Good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment