The Musician Strikes Back - We want you to write a sequel. A song that picks up where another famous song left off. (2 minute minimum) (your submission is due October 24th 11:59PM Sun)
We are going to define "famous" by making you pick a song that has at some point been on Billboard's Top 20 for at least 1 week. This gives you a lot of options while making it easy for the judges to say if your song was "famous" enough.
(There have been a number of questions asked that the above statement doesn't cover. I addressed them in the comments below...I suggest reading them.)
Examples Of Songs With Sequels:
"Peggy Sue" & "Peggy Sue Got Married " by Buddy Holly
"It's My Party" & "Judy's Turn To Cry" by Lesley Gore
"Space Oddity" & "Ashes To Ashes" by David Bowie
(Please send the song title & artist of whom you are writing a sequel for when you e-mail your submission to me. A link to the chart they're on would be great.)
There was confusion about EST & EDT...mostly on my part, but I'm going to make this simple. Just use the timer I link to up above. It'll be set to Cincinnati time (my time), and when it runs out...you're time has run out. (TIMER LINK)
- Entries must be received by the given deadline. Otherwise it'll be posted as a shadow. Received means that it has to appear in my e-mail inbox by the given deadline. I will be going by the time stamp on the e-mail in my inbox.
- Send your file in a format that Bandcamp accepts. (.aiff, .wav or .flac) (at least 16-bit/44.1kHz) You can find the specific requirements for Bandcamp files HERE.
- Name your file the song's title, but without spaces & punctuation.
- Title of the e-mail should be the title of the Challenge & your band's name.
- Include the song lyrics in the body of the e-mail. (If your song doesn't have lyrics...consider yourself eliminated. Instrumentals can be pretty, but SpinTunes does require lyrics.)
- Include information on anyone that needs credited if you collabed with someone.
- File sharing options if you need them: YouSendIt, RapidShare, ZShare & MediaFire. Please send an e-mail as I already stated, but with the download link if you need one of these services. Please follow directions so your file doesn't wind up in my spam or trash folder accidentally.
- If you have a BandCamp account, you can just send me a link to your song on BandCamp if you include all the info I mentioned above. Make sure you have it set as a free download, and have it set so that I don't have to put in an e-mail to download it if you pick this option.